We show you how to make apple stamp pumpkins… it is a great Halloween craft ideas for you all to enjoy!
Thanks to Lizzy, from Mold, North Wales, who sent in this apple stamp pumpkin great idea. Let’s take a look at it…
What did you do?
– Slice an apple in half
– Soak up some of the juices using kitchen roll
– Paint the apple stamps with orange paint
– Press them nice and hard onto a piece of paper/card (we used a plain piece of white paper with a Happy Halloween image in the centre)
– Allow to dry
– Draw faces onto your pumpkins (we used a black felt tip)
– Add a stork to each pumpkin (we used a green crayon)
So simple and easy! It worked brilliantly with a 2 year old and a 5 year old and could definitely work with older children too!
Tell the Housebound With Kids community a bit about yourself…
My name is Lizzy and I’m from Mold, North Wales. I have a 2-year-old little boy called Cole and a 5-year-old stepson called James. James has always loved doing crafts and Cole is getting there slowly but he’d much rather be playing with his Duplo!
Do you have any tips for other parents?
I think it’s important to turn those electronics off!! We have started putting music on instead and doing different activities together. We have specific activities that the boys do with me and then activities (such as slime!!) that they do with Daddy.
What are your children’s favourite books?
We love the Julia Donaldson books at the moment.